A Series of weather systems are expected to bring rain to Central Indiana through Thursday Night. One to three inches of rain will be possible…with locally high amounts. This will likely result in river and stream flooding…as well as flooding in some fields and roads. Areas along and south of I-70 appear to have the best chances higher amounts of rain at this time. The National Weather Service in Indianapolis has issued a
* Flood Watch for portions of central Indiana, east central Indiana, south central Indiana, southeast Indiana, southwest Indiana, and west central Indiana, including the following areas, in central Indiana, Bartholomew, Decatur, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan, Rush, and Shelby. In east central Indiana, Delaware, Henry, and Randolph. In south central Indiana, Brown, Jackson, Lawrence, and Monroe. In southeast Indiana, Jennings. In southwest Indiana, Daviess, Greene, Knox, Martin, and Sullivan. In west central Indiana, Clay, Owen, Putnam, and Vigo.
* From Wednesday evening through late Thursday night
* One to Three inches of rain are expected through Friday morning.
* River Flooding will be likely. Standing water in fields and along some area roads will be possible. This may result in driving difficulties or even possible road closures.
* AFFECTED AREAS: DECATUR … BROWN … RANDOLPH … HENDRICKS … DAVIESS … OWEN … HANCOCK … GREENE … SHELBY … JENNINGS … MADISON … KNOX … DELAWARE … MORGAN … JACKSON … MARTIN … PUTNAM … BARTHOLOMEW … MARION … CLAY … VIGO … HENRY … JOHNSON … SULLIVAN … HAMILTON … MONROE … RUSH … LAWRENCE
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts. You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop. Should a warning be issued…be prepared to turn around and don’t drown. Never drive your vehicle into floodwaters.